kitty lickin’ good
when someone says "let it go" in their sentence
- Friend: and i just told them to let it go-
- Me: ....
- Friend: -oh gosh oh gosh no.
- Me: ..........
- Friend: I said it didn't I? I said it-
- Me: .....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Friend: please have mercy-
- Me: THE SNOW GLOWS WHITE ON THE MOUNTAIN TONIGHT
- Friend: WHY
So you want to be an animator. Here’s some advice from Dan Povenmire:
- Draw everything you see, everything you think of.
- Draw other people’s styles. This will help you draw more quickly. You’ll think of shortcuts, too.
- With writing, just start telling your own story. It can be prose, dialog in a comic strip, anything.
- Show drawings to people to see what kind of reactions you get. Don’t get discourages if you get a bad reaction. Use that as a way of learning more.
- The more you do something, the better you get at it.
- Believe in yourself, and believe in your vision.
And from Swampy Marsh:
"Draw, draw, draw, draw, draw, draw, and draw some more. Sketch anything you can on anything you can with any medium you have at hand. Learn perspective, a skill that is sadly in short supply these days. But above all, never listen to anyone who tells you that you can’t make a living drawing cartoons!"
some solid advice from Dan and Swampy i found during an activity in class today.
This is my baby Merry after a good, hard feather-toy game!